We are looking for attentive, conscientious candidates with training in diverse medical areas for the position of Family Doctor. Family Doctors are expected to treat a wide range of medical conditions, develop long-term, personal relationships with their patients, produce individualized healthcare programs based on patient historical data and offer continuous support and health management advice. You should be proactive in building relationships and recommend external specialists when patients require treatment outside of your medical purview.
Family Doctors should take a vested interest in a patient’s well-being. This is achieved by demonstrating good listening skills, showing empathy and understanding and communicating clearly and effectively.
Family Doctor Responsibilities:
- Develop personal relationships with patients.
- Create patient-specific health programs that make use of historical data.
- Monitor and adapt individualized health programs over time.
- Schedule and administer follow-up examinations.
- Make use of patient health data in medical analyses.
- Offer comprehensive wellness exams.
- Administering vaccinations.
- Perform medical operations.
- Recommending specialists for treatment outside of their capacity.
- Educating patients in health management and disease prevention.
- Offer birthing services.
Family Doctor Requirements:
- Medical Degree.
- Completion of a three-year family practice residency.
- Training in medical areas such as pediatrics, surgery, neurology, psychiatry, internal medicine, gynecology and community medicine.
- Pass an American Board of Specialties examination to acquire board certification in Family Medicine.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Caring, attentive nature.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent quantitative skills.