We are looking for an experienced Pathologist to be responsible for performing tests, laboratory work, and pathological research. Your duties will include analyzing bodily fluids and tissue samples to study, diagnose, and treat disease. You will work in various medical settings and carry-out research and patient tests in order to assist fellow medical professionals in their diagnoses.
To be successful as a Pathologist you must have an inquiring mind, extensive medical knowledge of diseases in your specialty, and remain current in all research and testing methods.
- Performing specimen analysis by using laboratory tools and equipment, in order to study samples and perform tests to accurately analyze bodily fluids and tissue specimens.
- Looking for abnormalities in samples that evidence disease and conveying this information to the relevant medical practitioner.
- Using checklists, medical software, and retesting to get thorough and precise results.
- Suggesting potential treatment options.
- Writing pathology reports detailing specimens tested, results of tests, and the final diagnosis.
- Undertaking research to improve identification and testing methods and finding innovative ways to treat disease.
- Staying up to date with developments in the fields of pathology and medical practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, physical sciences, or a related field.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degree.
- 4 to 7 years’ internship and residency training, specializing in pathology.
- Successful completion of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) or the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination of the United States (COMLEX-USA).
- Certification by The American Board of Pathology in pathology and/or a sub-specialty, such as hematology, forensic pathology, or transfusion medicine.
- Valid and active medical license in the state you wish to practice.
- Experience using lab testing equipment, such as microscopes and flow cytometers.
- Working knowledge of medical data management software, including MEDITECH Anatomical Pathology, PATHLOGIX, and ASPYRA CyberLAB.
- Exceptional analytical and research skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.