We are looking for an experienced Pediatric Cardiologist to treat our young patients by performing non-invasive procedures or, when necessary, carrying out surgical intervention. Your responsibilities will include undertaking various tests, making diagnoses, providing treatment plans and options, and working with other physicians and surgeons to treat patients’ heart and/or cardiovascular disorders.
To be successful as a Pediatric Cardiologist you will need to enjoy being around children and demonstrate emotional resilience in challenging medical situations.
Pediatric Cardiologist Responsibilities:
- Consulting with patients and their parents to understand symptoms and health concerns.
- Prescribing tests, treatments, and/or surgery, when necessary.
- Maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
- Performing tests, when needed, to check the health of patients’ hearts and/or cardiovascular systems.
- Interpreting test results to determine how effectively the heart and/or cardiovascular system is functioning.
- Using medical imaging equipment, such as CT and MRI scanners, to diagnose and treat heart and/or cardiovascular conditions.
- Assisting and/or performing surgery which may include complex surgical interventions.
- Prescribing medication to treat heart and/or cardiovascular problems.
- Providing support and advice to patients, and their parents, receiving long-term care.
- Conducting research on heart and cardiovascular diseases, disorders, and abnormalities affecting children.
Pediatric Cardiologist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, physical sciences, or a related field.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree.
- 3 to 7 years’ internship and clinical residency training, specializing in pediatrics.
- Successful completion of a fellowship program in pediatric cardiology.
- Successful completion of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
- Certification by The American Board of Pediatrics in pediatric cardiology.
- Valid and active medical license in the state you wish to practice.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Wonderful bedside manner.
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.