We are looking for a dedicated, compassionate Pediatrician to be responsible for the medical care of children from infancy to adolescence. The Pediatrician provides general medicine, growth and development monitoring, and immunization tracking and administering. You will also ease children with chronic conditions and offer support and advice to parents about children’s health, safety, nutrition, and fitness needs.
To be a successful Pediatrician, you should be able to provide an accurate diagnosis based solely on visual and auditory indicators for children who cannot communicate effectively. You should also have excellent decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Diagnosing and treating illnesses, medical conditions, and injuries.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Collecting, recording, and maintaining patients’ information and histories.
- Prescribing and administering treatments, therapies, medications, vaccinations, and other specialized medical care.
- Explaining procedures and discussing test results or prescribed treatments with patients and family members.
- Monitoring patients’ conditions and progress.
- Directing, coordinating, consulting with, and referring patients to nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Advising patients, parents, and guardians on diets, activities, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Conducting research and remaining up to date on current trends, discoveries, and developments in the field.
- A Medical degree and the successful completion of a residency and fellowship in Pediatrics.
- A license and certification to practice Pediatrics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to relate to children.
- Strong decision-making, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational, leadership, and teamworking skills.
- A caring and compassionate nature when working with children and their families.